TRADITION LADIES NINE HOLE GOLF ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of the association is Tradition Ladies Nine-Hole Golf Association, otherwise known as the Ladies Nine-Holers,
a non profit organization.
ARTICLE II : OBJECTIVES
The Ladies Nine-Holers is organized for weekly play of golf. The object of the organization is to improve
an individual’s game of golf while observing the rules and etiquette of golf and promoting good sportsmanship.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
A. There are three categories of membership in TLNHGA: Full membership, Guest member and Social membership:
1. Membership shall be limited to Tradition Homeowners and non-residents who are at least 21 years of age.
Only residents of Traditions may serve on the Executive Board due to Liability issues.
2. Full members and Guest members are entitled to:
b. Receive awards at the awards luncheon.
3. Guest members may be former members of the TLNHGA, residents of Tradition or non-residents who are not members of
Tradition Golf Club. Guest members are entitled to play with TLNHGA if there are adequate tee-times available and will
pay the standard guest fee established by The Tradition Golf Club.
4. Social members are entitled to attend all social events sponsored by TLNHGA.
5. All prospective members that are not members of the Tradition Golf Club must be sponsored by two members or
guest members of the TLNHGA and will be admitted to membership in according to the availability of tee times allotted
by the club for TLNHGA.
B. All categories of membership annual dues are payable by January 1.
C. Members and guest members of the TLNHGA are required to pay the charge for an annual Tradition computer handicap, by January 31.
D. Membership is for one year beginning January 1st until December 31st.
E. The Executive Board may increase the dues, provided the increase does not exceed $5.00 annually or as voted by the membership.
F. Members will observe the By-Laws of the TLNHGA and the USGA rules and etiquette of golf.
G. Regarding limited attendance events, priority will be given to TLNHGA members of the Tradition Golf Club. 1.
H. Members are entitled to bring a guest to play. The guest will be required to pay the standard guest fee established by
The Tradition Golf Club. The same guest may play four(*4) times without joining the TLNHGA.
ARTICLE IV: EXECUTIVE BOARD
A. The Tradition Ladies Nine-Holers’ Executive Board shall be comprised of a Board Chairperson, Co-Chairperson, Treasurer,
Secretary, and be residents of the Traditions. The social Chairperson will become an ex-officio member of the Executive Board.
Those elected to the Executive Board shall be Nine-Hole members exclusively. If a Board Member should move into the 18 hole group,
another person who is an exclusive TLNHGA member shall be appointed by the Board.
B. The Chairperson and Co-Chairperson will appoint a Nominating Committee of three (3), with one being a Board member,
for the purpose of presenting a slate of officers for election and installation at the annual Holiday Luncheon Award meeting.
The slate of officers will be submitted no later than the last week of October of the current year. The Nominating Committee
will post a “Self-Nomination Election List” on the Ladies Nine- Hole Bulletin Board in the Members Room the first week of October.
1. If the slate is uncontested, the Secretary will cast one vote on behalf of the membership.
2. If the slate is contested for any given office, a ballot will be available to each member, at the clubhouse, on the
first Tuesday in November, and returned to the Nominating Committee by the second Tuesday in November.
It will be the responsibility
of each member to obtain her ballot. The outcome will be determined by a majority vote of the ballots returned.
3. Elected individuals will be notified a week after balloting is completed. Elected officers will be installed at the
Holiday Awards Luncheon.
C. The term of each Board Member shall be one (1) calendar year.
D. The Executive Board may appoint a temporary substitute to fill any vacancy in an elected office. A membership vote on a
nomination to fill the position for the unexpired term of office must be held within 30 days.
ARTICLE V: DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS OF THE BOARD
A. The Board Chairperson and Co-Chairperson shall:
1. Oversee weekly events and be the point of contact to the Tradition Club Pro-Staff.
2. Provide assistance to the membership as needed, and hold a minimum of three (3) meetings per year, including the
Holiday Luncheon Awards meeting.
3. Distribute a membership packet to new members.
4. Request volunteers to chair: tournaments, invitationals, games, social duties and other activities.
B. The Treasurer shall:
1. Handle all finances of the Association and keep a record of such expenditures of these funds.
2. Write checks for charitable donation of $50 or less at the discretion of the Executive Board; charitable donations
exceeding $50 must be approved by the majority of the membership.
C. The Secretary shall:
1. Retain all weekly scorecards and update and maintain stats on spreadsheets, for the purpose of
determining players’ achievements throughout the year.
2. After weekly play, send pars, chip-in, birdies, eagles, hole-in-ones to website.
3. Record minutes of meetings and send out to membership in a timely manner.
4. Maintain current membership roster and make available to members upon request.
5. Author Tradition Newsletter article.
6. Send appropriate news to Georgetown Times and Coastal Observer.
7. Each January, send an updated list of members to website.
D. The Social Chairperson shall :
1. Be responsible for all social activities approved by the membership, including the date and location of the annual
Holiday Awards Luncheon.
2. Select and purchase achievement awards.
ARTICLE VI: WEEKLY PLAY
A. Play is to be held on Tuesdays (or alternate days when necessary), with show time 30 minutes prior to the first tee time.
B. To be eligible to play, players must sign up by noon on Sunday preceding the day of play.
C. The Club books tee times each week for the year.
D. Monthly Pairing Volunteers (2) shall:
1. Remove Sign-up sheet Sunday afternoon and advise the desk of any adjustments in tee times.
2. On Play day have membership sign up for the following week. Indicate tee time on signup sheet.
3. Oversee arranging a game day once a month.
4. Collect $1.00 for Bagmen tip money.
5. Furnish desk and starter with list of players prior to tee off.
6. During those times when weekly play will be a pre-selected game, prizes for the winner(s) will be a gift certificate(s)
redeemable at the Tradition Club Pro Shop. Game participants shall contribute a minimum of $2.00 toward the prize(s).
E. The number of signed up players on the weekly roster will be the total number of spots held in reserve for the Association.
This list will serve as a “guarantee” of the number of players.
Substitutions may be made right up to the time of play; however,
At the beginning of each year, or when a new member joins the
league, she will declare the tees she will be playing from, red or blue.
ARTICLE VII: AWARDS
To be eligible for awards at the end of the year, a member must
have played twelve (12) times during the calendar year.
Awards will be given to “Most Improved”, “Low Putts,” “Low
Gross”, “Birdies”, “Pars” and “Holes-in-One:, excluding
ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENTS
The By-Laws of the Tradition Ladies Nine-Hole Golf Association
are established for the purpose of maintaining an
B. Proposed changes may be presented, in writing, by any member to the Executive Board.
The By-Laws may be changed by the Executive Board providing the
proposed changes are published for membership
Revised by the membership in the year 2002
Revised by the membership in the year 2004
Revised by the membership in the year 2005
Proposed revision presented to the Executive Board March 2006
Revised by the membership in the year 2006
Proposed revision presented to the Executive Board 2008
Revised by the membership February, 2009
Revised by the membership January 5, 2011
Revised by the membership January 24, 2012